On-Site Heat Safety Assessments
The NHSC can travel to your worksite to:
- Help identify heat hazards your workers may encounter
- Communicate with workers and safety personnel on current strategies and barriers
- Provide heat safety solutions that are perfectly tailored to your organization and worksite!
Observing your worksite and interacting with your workers will allow NHSC to see first hand what heat safety strategies and solutions are feasible to implement.
Why is this important?
- Mitigate risk of heat-related injuries and illnesses
- Improve work quality, productivity and eliminate financial losses associated with heat stress
What should we expect?
NHSC will visit for 1-2 days depending on the size of your organization. We will start with a kickoff meeting to go over the assessment process with your team who will assist us. We will have approximately 4-6 hours of job observation each day, which will include observing work conditions and talking with workers. Workers should be informed of the visit prior to our arrival. A closing meeting will occur that summarizes some of the findings. A full report will be created and presented to your organization that includes:
- List of Areas of “Concern”
- Specific solutions for each area of concern
- List of supplies required based on recommendations
- Heat safety to progressively implement each solution
- Heat Safety Score- a heat safety score will be created by NHSC that reflects your current standings in regards to occupational heat safety best practices. The objective of the score is to improve heat safety practices within your organization. We plan to work with you to continuously improve your score!